Here’s something a little different in a potato pancake. Even with the Neat Egg egg substitute, though, Chef Valerie found them a little persnickety. Use a gentle touch and turn the pancakes carefully. Pair with a protein as Valerie did here with a quinoa pilaf. They are so-oooooo good. And gluten-free.
3 large sweet potatoes
2 large white baking potatoes
2 Neat Eggs (prepared according to directions on package)
1 cup vegan sour cream
½ cup chopped chives
¼ cup chopped parsley
1 tablespoon salt
Pepper to taste
2 cups gluten-free bread crumbs
Olive oil for frying
- Bake potatoes in a 400-degree oven for about an hour or until soft. Allow to cool.
- Remove potato skins and mash potatoes together in a medium bowl.
- Add Neat Eggs and mix in.
- Add sour cream, chopped chives, chopped parsley, the tablespoon of salt, and pepper to taste.
- Shape into 18 patties and coat each patty in gluten-free bread crumbs.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil to medium-hot in a skillet and fry 3 patties at a time till brown and crispy. (About 3-5 minutes on each side.) Place patties on a piece of parchment paper and cover with another piece of parchment until all patties are done and ready to serve.