This colorful recipe has an undeniable wow factor. We happened to have beets, broccoli, and string beans in the garden and this is what Chef Valerie did with it. Here’s a warm salad that’s delicious, nourishing and exquisite to look at. It’s hard to ask for more.
6 medium beets, boiled until soft and the skins removed under cold water
2 heads broccoli, trimmed and blanched, with large florets cut into a few smaller pieces
4 cups string beans, trimmed, blanched and cut into bite-size pieces
¼ cup chives, chopped
¼ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
2 teaspoons granulated garlic
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
Juice of one lemon
Salt and pepper to taste
- Cube skinned beets and place in a large bowl.
- Add blanched broccoli and cut string beans to bowl. Add apple cider vinegar while the vegetables are still warm to enhance absorption and lightly toss. Let sit five minutes.
- Add chives, parsley, and granulated garlic.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss lightly and serve warm.